- MULTIDISCIPLINARY INTEGRATED APPROACH IN TEACHING, TREATING & LEARNING METHODOLOGY
- REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- INSTITUTIONAL DISTINCTIVENESS
- EDUCATIONAL AND INSPIRATIONAL VIDEOS CREATED BY THE INSTITUTION
MULTIDISCIPLINARY INTEGRATED APPROACH IN TEACHING, TREATING & LEARNING METHODOLOGY.
The institution is distinctively practicing the culture to promote excellence in academics, admirable patient care and highly competitive teaching approach to meet the need of tomorrow’s dentists from today’s perspective. Multidisciplinary integrated approach in all three directions of teaching, treating and learning reinforces set of courses to enhance practice required for delivering rich quality education and patient care by adopting newer learning methodologies.
- To strengthen and refresh the existing methodologies of teaching-learning process by continued innovation primarily focusing on enhancing the basics of the set course.
- To strengthen exchange of interdisciplinary ideas.
- To update students with latest trends and advancements in Dentistry and also make acquainted them with molecular and genetic aspect of oral disease
- To adopt latest technologies required for newer diagnostic & treatment approach for better patient care.
Institution came across few challenging issues in setting these desired goals which primarily included
- Setting up the required space in already established infrastructure which should be convenient from all aspect for proper functioning.
- Convening the management in adopting sophisticated instruments, technologies and required monetary needs.
- Training the faculty and non-technicians for newer technologies
Evidence of success
Institution received promising results after implementation of this practice. This way of practice gave us tremendous success in students securing the top ranks in the university examinations at both undergraduate and post-graduate level and also raised the overall passing percentage. Recognition & popularity of institute increased drastically reflecting the number of admissions. Overall patients OPD increased and patient satisfaction levels are also notably increased which reflected in the testimonials.
The Concept of multidisciplinary integrated approach in teaching and learning targets a unique practice for understanding the subject thoroughly. In this integration is done amongst the subject of same academic year,for topics taught in different subjects of the year are scheduled in a way that corresponding topics are taught simultaneously. Also, by amalgamating clinical and non-clinical subject teaching specially for post graduate training for exhaustive dissemination of evidence-based knowledge.
DIRDS lays special emphasis in evolving ingenious concept of multidisciplinary integrated approach in teaching and learning targets a unique practice for understanding the subject thoroughly. DIRDS has a unique way of monitoring students by maintaining indigenous student’s performance register which includes the details of periodic tests and attendance, this assists in internal assessments as well proper counselling of the students to excel in academics.This is supplemented with Dasmesh Student App,to monitor the student activity and all office communications.
Exchanging ideas and knowledge is an essential aspect of teaching –learning process and institution favours students in acquiring this by organizing interdisciplinary meetings, clinico-pathologic Conferences, Master-classes, CDE programmes, Live demonstrations, hands-on training and competitions for scientific presentations as well as KBC type quiz programs.
Institution focuses on mental health of the students too, in this regard college conducts student -mentor programmes along withYoga training and regular extracurricular activities.
Institution regularly adopting the newer diagnostic and latest technologies and having ultra-modern technologies like CBCT.LASER Dentistry, DENTAL IMPLANTS& MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERIES.
DIRDS introduced newer teaching learning concepts by introducing VIVA cards, DOCS(Direct observation of clinical skill) ratings, MCQ’s and OSCE based questionaries, e access to books and journals, are further helping our students in academic performance. Institution also providing the opportunities to the students for community-based learnings through regular community oral health camps.
Problems encountered and resources required
- Encountered problems in relation to designing multidisciplinary integrated approach at the initial days but managed to overcome with this issue very soon.
- Few initial problems in training the technicians for newer instrumentation and technologies.
- Sanctioning the required instrumentation and material without much delay
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- To encourage and motivate top rank students and employees by rewards, which can establish a branded recognition framework across relevant workforce profiles, cultures, performance and categories.
- To evaluate the work ethics of the employee and their successes in comparable organizational settings, there by establishing a link between employee engagement and recognition programs.
- The institution required proper planning in setting up the criteria and standards in recognizing the achievements and performances of students and all employees
- Institution has established a very rich culture of recognizing and rewarding the top rank students and employee and this has become state of emotional and intellectual commitment of the institutional management. It is a by-product of an organizational climate that promotes values, visions and beliefs about individual’s work ethics. This practice produces behaviour that will help fulfil an organization’s promises towards society as well as students and employee satisfaction.
- Institution has a long tradition of organizing annual academic award ceremony every year. Institution organizes this event very religiously by inviting all the parents of the awardees and faculty members, families of the award sponsors, members of management, renowned personalities of the city. All the first-place holders from each professional year (each speciality in case of Post graduate category) are rewarded with 24 carat gold medals along with cash reward. Student who secure university first ranks are given a scholarship of Rs one lac cash reward. Also, distinction holders are rewarded with medals. These kinds of commitments of the institutions motivate and help students to raise their calibre in academics.
- Institution motivates the employee by identifying their dedication and achievements by awarding best employees with certificate and cash reward in each category from safaisewak to teaching faculty.
Evidence of success
- This way of recognizing the achievers started showing the success which are clearly reflected by the raise in the passing percentage of the students and also increase in the number of students achieving university top spots in both undergraduate and post graduate examinations.
- More number of faculty receiving rewards and recognition at different platforms
- In the resent BFUHS examination institution created a history by securing first rank in all four years of the BDS examination.
Problems Encountered and Resources Required
Institution never faced any problem in keeping this kind of best practice.
CHANGI SAMBAL SADA KUSHAL
ORGAN- BODY DONATION